The American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) specifically designed the ASCeXAM/ReASCE Review Course as a preparatory course for the National Board of Echocardiography, Inc.TM (NBE) ASCeXAM® and ReASCE® examinations. This online library includes recordings of the lectures presented at the 2015 ASCeXAM/ReASCE Review Course in May 2 – 5, 2015 Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Philadelphia, PA.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be better able to:
– Explain the essential physical principles of cardiac ultrasound
– Recognize common ultrasound artifacts and their genesis
– Estimate systolic function using standard M-mode and 2D echocardiography, as well as newer modalities such as strain imaging and 3D echocardiography
– Identify and quantitate valvular heart disease severity
– Describe the application of Doppler in the assessment of hemodynamics and diastolic function
– Perform clinically relevant calculations of valve areas and
– Explain proven techniques for interpreting stress
– Differentiate features of cardiac tamponade, constrictive
pericarditis, and restrictive cardiomyopathy.
– List appropriate applications of echocardiography.
– Recognize newer applications of echocardiography such as